On October 16th we hit our 5 years of marriage mark! That day we were actually driving up to Utah so we didn't get to celebrate til the next day. Grandma was nice enough to babysit while we went to a movie and had dinner!
I don't think I've ever posted about how we met so here it is!! My sister's husband was good friends with Chris at work and I had heard a few things about him here and there but never thought anything about it really. Then I graduated from high school and moved to Vegas. Me and my awesome roomies had tried one singles ward, but we didn't really care for it so we decided to go to the University Ward that my Uncle was in the bishopric of (turns out Chris was the Elders Quorum President at the same ward), but before we had been to church there, my sister blessed her baby out in Overton. I of course went and Nathan (sisters hubs) had invited Chris out. That was the first time I saw him and I totally fell in love with him then, well I guess it was just his looks because we didn't talk or anything!! Anyway... on my way back into Vegas after the blessing Amy Bowler Marshall was riding with me and I'm pretty sure she was about to strangle me because I couldn't stop talking about him!!
So... I really wanted to actually meet him so I called up my Aunt Tresa that night and asked her what the ward was doing for FHE the next night. She gave me the details and my roomies and I got all dolled up and headed to FHE. I totally remember the crazy butterflies I got when Chris came into the room!! Ha.. so the activity that night was some card game, so I went up to him and introduced myself as Nathan's sister-in-law and we immediately hit it off!! Anyway... I think it was about 1 month later we got engaged and were married in the Las Vegas Temple on October 16th 2004!! I know there are people that don't believe in "love at first sight", but that was truly the case with us. We just knew it was right basically from the beginning!!
I love him more than words can describe and he is truly my best friend!!
2 comments:
HAHA!! I SOO remember that day like it was yesterday!! You would not STOP talking about how he's testimony just "touched your heart" ;(!! Ha-Definitely love at first sight for both of you! Happy 5 years!! You guys are PERFECT together!!
P.S. Is this a recent pic? I didn't know you colored your hair dakr!!! I really like it!!!
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment