
On Tuesday October 20th Christopher was taking a nap and when he got up we noticed that he had thrown up. So we cleaned him and his bedding and didn't think anything of it because he acted fine the rest of the night. Then the next morning he threw up a couple more times and had diarrhea. We fed him bananas, pedialite and gave him some ibuprofen. That stopped him from throwing up, but the diarrhea continued. He wouldn't eat anything or even drink anything other than milk and that just made it worse, but it kept him peeing! Then on Thursday night he wouldn't even drink his milk so we started to get worried about him becoming dehydrated. I decided that I would call the doctor first thing on Friday morning. I was just getting ready to call when my mom called me and said that she was talking to an EMT and the EMT said to just go straight to the ER because he had all the signs of being dehydrated. So we hurried out the door and headed to Mesquite. He was definitely dehydrated so they got an IV going (which I think I cried just as much as him when they put it in!) and took about 1 1/2 hours and a lot of fluid to get him to pee.
A few days earlier we had also noticed that when we would stand him up, he wouldn't put any weight on his right foot. So I just decided to bring it up to the doctor. I was wondering if maybe he had an infection that maybe settled in his hip (that happened to my niece Matty). So they took his blood and the doctor kinda played with his legs while he was laying down and his hips didn't really seem to bother him. After the blood results came back it was negative for infection so they decided to do an x-ray. After doing an x-ray on his hips and whole right leg they found that he has a fracture in his right foot! Crazy!! How does an 8 month old baby that can't even walk get a fracture?! After being questioned as to whether we abuse him, we came to the conclusion that he probably got a fracture from one of the kids falling on his foot. He loves to play with the big kids and that's really the only thing that makes sense!
Now his diarrhea has stopped and he has his apatite back! His foot bothers him every so often but doesn't seem too bad. Oh and they didn't have to put on a cast or anything because he doesn't walk so it will just heal itself!
We are just SSOO glad that he's feeling better and no one else caught it!
3 comments:
So sad about your little guy! I hope he continues to feel better!
I still can't believe that! Poor guy!! Hopefully it will heal up fast and he will keep getting better!!!
Oh poor baby!! Hope he's feeling better!
Post a Comment