I am very behind on my blogging because it has been a very crazy month! First off my sis-in-law had their baby girl on March 12th, which we were totally excited about, but then on March 17th we got a call from Carolyn saying that my SIL was in the hospital. At first they thought the complications were from pieces of the placenta being left in her uterus. All we knew was that she was in septic shock and not doing well. The next morning Chris talked to his brother and was told that she was going in for an emergency hysterectomy and they were going to keep her asleep for maybe up to 3 days. We were freaking out! It was so hard to be here and feel so helpless!
That night Chris talked to his brother again and he said that her vitals were looking a lot better so they were maybe going to try and wake her up the next morning, very good news! Then we got a call that she was awake and doing pretty well, but I still wanted to be able to help in some sort of way so I got the car loaded and drove up on Sunday morning, just me and 4 kids, yeah I said a lot of prayers on that drive! Anyway, the complications actually ended up being from her uterus not closing up and strep A going in there and killed it. I was glad I got to watch my niece and nephew for a couple days and let her sisters have a little break. My kids love playing with them anyway so it worked out perfect! Well kinda, all my kids got sick and Anton stuck beans in his ears and had to go to the doctor to get them out, but other than all that, perfect!
We are just soo glad that everyone is ok. Family is the best!
1 comment:
What a crazy week. That was so nice of you to come up and help out!
Post a Comment