I was set to be induced on August 2nd, but little Kailee Jane had a different plan! On Friday July 30th it was a pretty normal day. I got up got the kids fed, waited for Chris to wake up, sent Chris off to work, fed the kids lunch, put Kissy down for a nap then went and ran a few errands. After dinner I decided that I better get the house cleaned because White Grandma and Aunt April were gonna be here the next day. So I cleaned until I couldn't clean anymore and sat down to watch tv at about 8:30. I had a few contractions but nothing different from any other night, I didn't think anything of it.
So I went to bed at 10:30 and at about 12:15 I woke up having contractions. I didn't quite know what to think because I hadn't ever gone into labor on my own so I was sure that it was false labor. I knew Chris was on his way home from work so I called him and told him that I was having contractions and he told me to get off the phone and start timing them. So I hurried and downloaded a contraction timer app on my phone (gotta love my droid!) and realized that they were coming about 2 1/2-4 minutes apart!! So I called Chris back and told him and he said ok, get up and get what I need so we could head to the hospital as soon as he got home. I couldn't get out of bed though so I just waited for him to get home and he took a quick shower and grabbed the stuff and we were headed to the hospital.
When we got to the hospital they hooked me right up to the monitors and checked me and I was at a 4. Oh, and it was about 2:30 am when we got there. Anyway, they told me I wasn't going home with out a baby and we were pretty excited! The contractions got pretty hard and really close together VERY fast so they called in the anesthesiologist. We told him and the nurse about my epidural experience with my last baby and they told me if after 30 minutes I wasn't completely numb then it's not working right. So they put the epidural in and started the pitocin and literally with in minutes my contractions were CRAZY hard. I kept asking Chris if it had been 30 minutes yet because I wasn't' numb at all. I then had the urge to push and Chris said it had only been 15 minutes since they put in the epidural!! I told Chris I needed to push and he ran and got the nurses and one ran in and checked me and little Kailee's head was right there. At first they told me to try not to push so the doctor could get there, but there was no stopping it!! When your not numb AT ALL if you gotta push, you gotta push! So the nurse delivered the baby and my doctor got there about 5 minutes later! He was joking saying that he didn't even put on socks because he ran out of his door so fast! So I got to the hospital at 2:30 am and had Kailee Jane at 4:18 am!!
It was kinda a cool experience going into labor on my own and having my water break before they broke it! It was really nice to be able to get up right after having the baby and be able to get my iv out right after! But because I had her so fast we didn't get any pictures or video of her first breathes!
She was just laying there like this for like 5 minutes.. I think she liked being able to stretch out!
My amazing doctor.. Darin Swainston, even though he didn't make it there in time to deliver the baby we still love him and had to get a picture with him!
Mommy and Baby Kailee finally meet!
3 comments:
Love her birth story! I am so glad everything went well! Aren't fast labors the best?! Rylee's was only 6 hours compared to 21 hours for me with Dallin. I am happy for you guys, she is beautiful and I LOVE her name!
That is a great story!! Great job, you look fantastic. I am so glad Chris made it in time. :-) She is beautiful! Congrats.
Oh she is so beautiful and precious. I love baby girls! It just isn't fair that you look that good after giving birth!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment