Friday, July 16, 2010

Ma's broken leg

On Monday the 12th my mom broke her leg! She was walking down the ramp and stepped wrong on her leg and it snapped. She called for me and I ran out to see what was going on and found her laying on her back saying that her foot was just dangling there. So I called 911 and got looking at her leg and could see a huge lump and blood. At first I thought the blood must have been a scratch from the fall, but no, looked harder and it was her bone! After she got to the hospital and they did an x-ray they found that she had broken both bones about 5 inches above her ankle. So they got her into surgery that night and put a metal rod in. She was in a lot of pain but is doing a little better now. She's been in rehab learning how to get in and out of bed and on and off the toilet because she'll have to be in a wheel chair for 3 months.

I really wish that I would have thought to take a picture of her leg before the ambulance took her because it was actually kind of a crazy site! I will post pictures of her huge cast tomorrow because that's when she will be coming home!

1 comment:

Torrey said...

OUCH!!! That is a BAD break.... your poor Mom! Glad she is coming home.